2019 Scholarship Program
To allow for the advancement of EMS personnel, MAAS Fund is proud to offer scholarship opportunities for individual, active members. The following scholarships are available:
- Licensed EMS professional to attend the two day, OSHA 10 Hour Safety Course – up to $500 each
- Associate Degree EMS professional to attend the eight day OSHA Boot Camp – up to $1,500 each
- Undergraduate EMS professional to attend the two-day crash course and sit for the exam for the nationally recognized Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP) – up to $2,000 each
- Applicant must be an active employee of MAAS Fund member.
- Applicant must submit a complete and accurate application by the stated deadline.
- Applicant must submit a paper presenting a manner in which the EMS industry can improve employee safety, in 1,000 words or less. The paper must include why he or she is pursuing educational scholarship, his or her educational and employment goals, and how the scholarship would be of benefit.
- The educational component of the Scholarship payment is made directly to the educational institution. The institution must submit an invoice to MAAS Fund for payment.
- The payroll component of the Scholarship payment is made directly to the eligible employer. The institution must submit an invoice to MAAS Fund for payment. Reimbursement for travel related costs shall be calculated and in compliance with current IRS requirements.
- Recipients must maintain active employment with a MAAS Fund Member for the duration of the course of study in order to access scholarship funds.
- Recipient must begin the educational program and begin accessing the scholarship in the term for which the award is granted. Funds will be available up to the scholarship limit for recipient who continues his or her educational program without interruption into the next school year.